Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Single-Handedly Powering the Oregon Economy

So I have been very busy. I got a job but due to confidentiality I'm not supposed to share any of the details of the assignment. The great things about the job are these: One, it is only 3/4 of a mile from my place so I can walk to and from work every day. Also, I walk home at lunch and eat. Sandwiches are so much better when they aren't soggy from sitting in a container all day. Two, I can work as much as I want which means lots of overtime! Three, from my work station I have a killer view of the southern half of Portland (esp Downtown) which makes sitting and looking out the window a very pleasant break. Four, I can sit and listen to NPR all day whilst I work. I have never listened to NPR much because I could never remember what the station was in Southern California and also, I used to listen to my iPod all the time. So I get to hear about lots of interesting stuff.

I have been in Portland nearly a month now. I haven't put gas in my truck since the day I drove up. I love it.

The title of the post refers to the amount of things I have been buying including a new mattress...finally! I had been sleeping on an air mattress and now sleep is so much better! Also, per Matt's request I bought a camera. It's being shipped here from Dell. I had never heard of pricegrabber.com before but I found the camera for $50 from Dell than it was at Best Buy. So that means that when I get it there will be quite a few pictures to post. So I can scratch that one off the to-do list and add learn more about photography in its place.

Thanks for the comments. Once I get my computer back, hopefully the posting will be a lot more consistent.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What camera did you buy? I've been eyeing the Canon Powershot SD750 or 1100 for us to buy eventually...

Thatdanblogger said...

I bought the Powershot SD870 IS. I considered those two also.